Sunday, November 20, 2016

Quick & Easy Acai Smoothie Bowl



Happy Sunday! In Los Angeles these Acai Smoothie Bowls are the craze and they are delicious! I was craving one this morning and decided to create my own. Instead of doing the berry bowl which I normally get, I wanted to switch it up and make a green smoothie. It's fun to make smoothies at home and really easy, plus they are super healthy and full of nutrients.

 I started the recipe with frozen bananas, blackberries, spinach, greek yogurt, and acai berry puree, which I found in the freezer section at my grocery store. Next step is to put all the ingredients into the blender with Almond milk or your choice of juice (cashew or soy milk) I've also seen recipes with apple juice or coconut water. Whichever you prefer!

Lastly, the fun part! Adding the toppings. I topped my bowl with sliced almonds, blackberries, and blueberry granola. It's definitely a great nutritional kick for in the mornings!

Ingredients:

1 Frozen Banana
2/3 Cup of Almond Milk
1/2 Cup of greek yogurt
Handful of baby spinach
Acai berry puree

Suggested Toppings:

Raspberries
Blueberries
Blackberries
Nuts- Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts
Shredded Coconut
Chia Seeds

Hope you enjoy your smoothie Bowl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment